Saturday, July 30, 2005

 
A couple of things. I'm making that pizza today. Homemade dough with rosemary potatoes, my spinach walnut pesto, goat cheese and fresh basil. I'm making another one too, because one of my friends coming over is about to burst with baby, and I'm not 100% sure she can eat goat cheese. The other one will have a basil red sauce with fresh mozz, fake sausage, grilled onions, garlic and red peppers. Maybe I should put a recipe or a meal up here each time I write. It would make sense. I cook most every day, and don't those pizzas sound yummy?

I went to a memorial last night for the friend I mentioned earlier in the week. I hadn't seen him in years. Guess I sort of mentioned that, too. It was at the bar where I knew him most of the time. I sat in the back at a table where we would gather after locking the doors and sending the drunks on their way. Most of the drunks, anyway. We were still there. There was a song he would always play for me, and I can't quite remember it now. There was a line it - fine fine super fine. The Yogini would try to play The Stones and he would counter with Todd Rungren. It was a messy, ongoing dispute. We'd smoke a bowl and laugh and then do them both over and over again. I found our last email exchange this morning. I sent him a good luck totem and he replied that he didn't quite get it, but that since it was from me it was sure to bring luck anyway. He said he hoped I'd get a month off sometime so I could make the long journey to the bar. About two miles from the rooftop. He said if I needed a sherpa he was available. I'm pretty sure the offer would still stand if he was, so I'm hoping I can use his services down the road some in another more distant place.

That's a couple things I guess. What else? There have been breezes lately, and the cats are staying cool. Saw a place up north for rent and it has a pool. Realized recently that I'm good at school. Like the deck better without the big wooden spool. The blister on the callous is healing since I've stayed away from the weed chopping tool. And. Woke up this morning with a face full of drool.

Comments:
Can't imagine a better sherpa, this world or the next.

And can you send me a pizza?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?