Monday, August 22, 2005

 
Did I say I was going to knit? Yes, of course I said that. But knitting I have not done. I have read the words of Luckybuzzzzzz (luckybuzzz.blogspot.com), and I am shamed. Not a-shamed, so don't get feisty. But there she is busy and distraught, and yet she can ramble with the best of them. And me? Not knitting. Not dancing. Not helping to deliver a baby - yet. I could use the excuse that Mama Brown and Papa Brown will be parents any minute now, and I am meditating and practicing my coaching techniques. But, as you may have guessed, some of that would be a lie. I have been sending out positive birthin' energy across town, since Papa Brown is now on maternity leave, and there's really no reason to wait any more. But sending energy doesn't take all that much time or effort. Unless I'm doing it wrong. I plan to go see Tom Petty and the Black Crowes on Friday, with Smokey and The Yogini. But again, this barely explains why I have been sitting around doing nothing. Unless I am listening to albums (how old am I?) and practicing lyrics so that I will be ready for the show. Alas, I am not. But now that I bring it up, I wonder if I should be doing that too, whilst I knit. Ah, to knit. Perchance to dream. I should be writing a wedding ceremony for Fat Bat and the Lost Dog, too. We met last week to figure out the ceremony, and I have a lot to work with. Maybe I am more like Lucky than I thought. I am sure the others think I am on it. And I will be, for sure. Everything is bound to get done. But I am motivated like a snail. In soft, dry sand. Who is drunk. And has a full bar, a bbq and a cozy bed with a new comforter in its shell. Yet, strangely, I have none of those things.

I just stepped away for a few minutes while I rolled dough and put a batch of cookies in the oven. I've done something! Of course, this particular act seems to further implicate me. As a lazy bum, I mean. I did have to search around for ingredients. And then for a recipe that didn't require eggs, as I have none. For cooking, that is. And cookies really are best with a cup of tea, so I filled the pot and turned on the stove and took out cups....you see where this is going. I've been a busy little bee. I think I should sit back and relax now. And have some cookies. Implicate? Dimple bait? Simple mate?

Comments:
Wow--you got comment-spam! Lucky you! And hey, Skycat, come back....I miss your words here! Pleeeeeease....why you gotta keep me hanging on?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?