Thursday, August 04, 2005

 
I got a phone call last night - well, a message - from a long time friend (we met almost 18 years ago). He was giddy and he said he is moving to San Diego. I don't know the details yet, but it sounds pretty good to me. Why, you are wondering? Especially if you knew that he WAS living outside LA in Santa Monica, which, according to my California map is closer to SF than SD. The answer - two words - Jet Blue. Or is it JetBlue? Either way, it's a fabulous ticket to Long Beach and I think it costs less than the drive down there would, considering the Bush Family & Friends Plan which has raised the price of gasoline to just under the national deficit. So, I must have been thinking about this friend of mine when I went to sleep last night, or at least thinking about San Diego, because I had a dream about another long time friend (we met almost 33 years ago). She has lived in Oregon and Alaska and Oregon for many years. But in my dream, she called to say she was moving down to San Diego. Now in her case, this is a shorter distance no matter how you look at it. But I just couldn't wrap my brain around her moving to a city, and I was pretty distraught about it. What does this have to do with you or religion or politics? Nothing as far as I can tell. Just trying to keep my fingers tapping, and this is what I came up with.

Since you have been so patient, and you keep reading even when I go on about almost nothing, I will share something that could affect my credibility in the future. I'm willing to risk it, especially since it is possible that there are only two people reading this, and one of them is me. I've been watching Rock Star INXS. From now on I will give that an alias. If you can think of a good alias for a show that pretends to be hard core and calls INXS a rock super group and has a chick named Brooke calling Dave Navarro (self-proclaimed poster child for rockers) her best friend at least twice a show, please let me know. Right now I am leaning towards Le Crap and Kick Ass! or possibly Ass Kiss. Why, then, am I watching week after week? Apparently, I'm not very busy that time of night. Also, they actually have to sing rock-type songs and where can you see that without paying eighty bucks? Alright, there is no excuse for this type of behavior. At least I do not vote. For the future lead singer of INXS, I mean. I try to vote for politicians when I get the chance. It doesn't seem to work. Maybe I should vote for the tv stuff - it would be the first time my vote ever bagged a winner - if it worked. I guess I'm not willing to risk that as freely as I'm willing to risk my reputation.
Hmmmmmmmm. Enough divulging for today. And I think I will make that the word of the day: Divulge. Other than "my bulge," what rhymes with that?

Oh yeah, and I've been slacking in the recipe arena. This weekend I will be preparing some appetizers for a baby shower. We'll be having samosas made with a vanilla yogurt dough, fresh ginger, potatoes, sauteed onions and peas. I will serve these with a side of mango, apple, nectarine chutney (those are the fruits that have been ripening too long on the baker's rack). I'll also be serving my classic baked brie with sliced almonds and garlic, wrapped in The Yogini's puff pastry. Of course, we will roll out about a hundred spinach balls, prepared with fresh chopped spinach, onions, garlic, parmesan, butter and the secret ingredient - don't go no-name on this - Peppridge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix. For dessert, we will have a make your-own-sundae bar with hot fudge, caramel, peanuts, cashews and whip cream. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments:
Dammit! I was going to suggest rhymes for the last word of the day...wish I had now, because I've got absolutely nothing for divulge. There's no rhyme more perfect than "my bulge."

And Y-U-M! And I already knew your INXS secret! And where are my pizzas??
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... forks groups nissan pathfinder performance March madness basketball teams V6 short block isuzu
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?