Friday, September 30, 2005

 
It is the last day of September and mother nature seems to have finally remembered that this is our summer. Throughout July and August, it is customary to wear several layers of clothing because of the ever-changing temperatures that are more than likely to fall below fifty degrees. San Franciscans wait patiently for the children to return to school, knowing that the sunshiny weather will also return around the same time. (And, the kids are in school, and not on the street or in every store or your house or other places!) Well, this year we waited. And waited. And September arrived with a chill in the air. And even a little rain. We all grew concerned, recognizing the cold, moist temperatures as a trademark of December or maybe November. We wondered if the rains would be upon us and gray skies would fill the fall. And then, just a few days ago, September summer began. A few more flowers bloomed and we hung our laundry out on the line to dry. Families started going for walks in the evening, to enjoy the first cool breeze of the day. On the ferry, I moved from my indoor seat to the deck, because, finally, the sun was able to compete with the blowing wind off the bay. As our summer begins, I hope you are enjoying the changing colors of fall. (I heard that nobody on the west coast reads these things.)

**Pedestrians and cyclists are different species. Remind me to tell you about Shantina.

Comments:
Glad you're finally getting some summer. Me, I'm thrilled to finally be (almost) getting rid of it. I pulled out the slippers two nights ago, but I also sweated profusely the entire daylight-portion of that day. I'm about as anxious for fall right now as you are for summer...hopefully we'll get both. Respectively, you know. Unless you come here and enjoy fall with me. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?