Thursday, February 08, 2007

 
I want a day off. The Yogini says take one.
But the Yogini never takes a day off. So I'm going to iron scarves all day long. And that will be my day off. Is that wrong? The thing is, it's cold and snowy here. So even if I took a day off, where the hell would I go? To the couch and the cable, that's where. Not only am I living in a new climate, but in a home with 100 channels. I gave myself permission to watch as much crap as I wanted in the first month, but I'm afraid I might get addicted. I mean, 3 hours of 6 feet under on Mondays!!! Maybe I was watching network tv for too long, but that shit is incredibly titillating. And then it's midnight - an hour I hadn't see clearly since the early nineties. And Mission Bar is not just around the corner. Nothing is. But please do not get me wrong. I love that we moved. Love love love it. So less cable. More ironing. Fair exchange? I think not. Yet.

Comments:
I want to come watch cable and sit on the couch with you! There should be whiskey, too. Okay. This is a good plan....
 
Excellent plan. I will keep watching, but only if you get here soon....ish. (I like to keep my options open)
 
So . . . you iron. Can I send some stuff to you to be ironed? I HATE ironing. I will include a large bottle of whiskey (as Luckybuzz mentions) as payment . . . sound like a plan?
 
Ironing is NOT a day off....Cable is your friend....come to the dark side skycat...whiskey...cable.....couch lounging......commmme to ussss
 
Canada: Are you actually in Canada? We're contemplating a couple of shows in Toronto. And yes, whiskey will ply me. No question. (For ironing of course.)
crse: I know you are not in Canada. You are close. Very close. I can almost hear your peer pressure whisperings now. Yikes.
 
I am actually in Canada - in Ottawa (so not too close to TO, but my parents currently live near there, so if you're going to be in the Great White North, let me know - maybe we can grab a drink if I'm in town.

Must go pack up my ironing and some whiskey to post :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?