Friday, September 14, 2007

 
Ode to Gospel Bob
in the key of C

Countin' mountains and land that juts
pool table bars and hussy sluts
basement dens turkey free
yogini skycat and the famed lb
big wheels turnin - nearly losing track
so many stars when you're on your back
walk without pants in the berry patch
sparkin a fire with the very last match
food food food food food food food
no names needed cause it's all damn good
tequila travels and blue heron bars
driving at night in rusty dark cars
later nights longer sips louder laughs all the way
hap hap hap, hap hap hap, hap hap happy birthday

Comments:
Duuuuuuude. You made me all weepy. In a good way, but I miss you guys so MUCH.

This is a freaking wonderful ode.
 
Ah shucks! You are the best, thank you so much for my ode :) I can't wait to hear it sung in person!

Missing you both,
xoxo!
 
An ode! Man you set a high bar there friend! I cant even get my crap together for e-cards! But beautiful work!
 
thank you clever readers.
you are so lovely. yes you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?