Wednesday, September 19, 2007

 
So, the yogini and I bought a truck today. It's awesome.
S10 pickup with an extended cab and a swiss cap. It will be our new show vehicle.
It is black.

So, yesterday I called Progressive to add this vehicle to our insurance.
But first, let me tell you about a little conversation I had with Mountain Girl two days earlier. An old friend came up because yogini and I were wondering about where this friend - I'll call him Dave because that is only one letter off of his actual name - is living. And Mountain Girl said she heard he was living in her neighborhood. And we'd all lived in SF a few years back. And yogini and I said we'd like to try and find him. And I've googled him up and down and can't find anything. So, I call Progressive...

And they are always so damn helpful. Truly. I have great experiences on the phone with these guys. And one comes on the line. "Hi, this is "Dave" how can I help you." And I start explaining and then I say, "you sound just like a "Dave" I know." AND HE IS!!! How cool is that? Of course he couldn't help me with my insurance.

Comments:
First: congratulations on the truck!

Second: Dude. Freaking weird! Plus, I was just (like, three days ago) thinking about "Dave" (I'm thinking I know who this is--one letter off, right?) and wondering where he is. How completely small-world.
 
That is so cool! Is he still doing music?

And I definitely second the congratulations on the truck! I've been picturing you and Yogini in a truck for years.
 
Thanks on the truck. We drove around this morning just to drive around.

As for "Dave" - yes, he is who you think he is. Haven't seen him in 3 or 4 years. And do you know how many people work for Progressive? Probably like 12 gazillion. Crazy! And we couldn't chat due to company policy. I told him to look up the business website so he can get in touch with us, but so far, no further contact. I guess I'll just have to keep calling my insurance company until it works again.
 
Im so so freaking glad you blog. I missed my last comment but i promise it wont happen again! YAY about the truck! As soon as I get out of this morass of overtime I seriously want to have a roadtrip or have you come stay and gill can make you dinner/breakfast! (and I of course will provide the frozen vodka slushies)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?