Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 
Home again...temporarily. Did a quick NYC show - ecofest. It was as crunchy as it sounds. So so sales. I think the most fun thing was the traffic getting out of the city Sunday night. I know you think I'm being sarcastic, but it's not so. We were hungry and planning to stop for a bite in New Jersey. But Columbus Avenue wasn't having that. So, as the Yogini slowly made her way the 22 blocks to the Lincoln Tunnel, I ran up and down the street from shop to restaurant to restaurant and picked up a few slices of pizza, a quesadilla, and some additional snacks and beverages for the road. Every once in a while I would re-locate the new truck (LOVE IT) and drop off my acquisitions with the slow moving Yogini. I know there were other trafficans who saw me and smiled, and this was fun. And of course, the food was much better than anything they have in New Jersey. And eventually, we got through the tunnel and halfway home. Then home. Then we are planning for our next trip to New York, for which we leave on Friday. Must go knit and cuddle kitties.

p.s. The sleek black outdoor cat with white boots is pretending she lives here. Drinking from my solar fountain and waiting by the birdfeeder and the chipmunk hole for her meals. Much too cute. Must not make eye contact or speak in her general direction.

Comments:
Love the image of you foraging down the street. Miss you both terribly. I want to be on the same side of the country! Dammit. Though we should be in your state at Christmas...?
 
yes christmas!!!!
come here. i won't tell the others. especially the others that are really nearby but who got to see you when you moved.
 
HEY!!! I HEARD THAT!!! I still have no problem assuming myself and my boys onto your abode. You call it trespassing, I call it a spontaneous party! Anyway I love the image of the new york food gathering! Although, my heart beat faster thinking about how scared id be that traffic would start moving and Yogini wouldnt stop. Oh wait, Y would know to do that. Y would not come up with..."What else was I supposed to do, traffic was moving!" as a reason to strand me in new york....
 
heard what? must have been one of the panthers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?