Thursday, October 25, 2007

 
The Yogini and I have this thing going. Well, we have a couple "things" going. But the one I'm talking about now refers to a cooking thing. Each of us is making a brand new recipe each week. I mean brand spanking new. And if the Yogini had a blog, she would probably tell you about her newest recipe. But she doesn't, so I will. Cause I do, see.

So it was served to me looking a lot like a latke. A bowl of fresh grated parm, salt and pepper on the side. But here's what she did. She riced some potatoes that her dad grew out back, she riced some blue hubbard (scariest loooking thing from the outside), she sauted onions and garlic in my home made veggie stock. She mixed it all together and then used some bread crumbs to hold it all together. At first she thought she needed to pan fry them. She did not. Baked they were amazing. But they were gone fast. Now all I can do is write about them and hope she will make them again.

I am trying to figure out an ingredient to go with acorn or butternut squash for one of my next new recipes. Here are ingredients I have used: celery, onions, apples, ginger, brown sugar, nuts, seeds, mushrooms and coconut. What else can you cook with a winter squash that will taste yummy? Anyone?

Comments:
No clue on the squash, but I want that potato thing. What's blue hubbard? Never mind, I'll google...
 
people just dont do enough potato ricing, you know? what about a squash pie? I love pie!
 
Maple syrup (the real stuff)

I SO want a potato ricer for Christmas!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?