Wednesday, December 05, 2007

 
Yams.
Sweet potatoes.
Call them what you will, but they are like a happy little cooking pouch of goodness.
Just pop them in the oven. Don't poke or peel. In 40 minutes, the skin rolls away and the orange deliciousness is ready. Maybe salt. Maybe pepper. Maybe even a little pat of butter. Who cares. It's all good. Yum.
When the Yogini is gone the Skycat eats odd meals at odd hours. Did I mention the pot pie for breakfast? It's getting crazy here. Yogurt and frozen blueberries later.

*Please note: a yam is a huge tuber (that's right, I said huge tuber) that grows in hot places like south america and africa. A sweet potato is a smaller, moister tuber. Does this post belong in CL casual encounters?)

Comments:
You make me laugh.

I thought yams were harder to come by here in the US? Are you really finding yams in your state? And do they taste different than sweet potatoes?

Mmmm, now I want. Maybe tomorrow I will have. Feel free to keep telling me what to eat every day. It helps.
 
Tomorrow I'll be making a fake meatball sub.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?